Thursday 9 April 2009

Beginning...

I have finally succumbed to the phenomenon which is 'blogging' it seems...

I woke up with a headache this morning, so have been consuming copious amounts of water and tea to try and kill it. Not had much success so far, so I may be reaching for the paracetamol soon...

Spent the weekend with the man and went to RSPB Rainham Marshes to see some birdies and go walking. Went there on the Saturday and the Sunday, though twas a little birdless for our liking. However, some good views of Reed Buntings and Herons. I'm getting a bit too into this whole birding thing, all the fault of the man I might add, and it looks like I'll be investing in a spotting scope (smaller than the man's) whenever I have money...

Stupid BT have sent me a bill for a service I'm not supposed to be receiving from them anymore! I'm registered with Virgin Media for it, and their records confirm that; so God knows what BT are up to. They're as bad as British Gas sending me bills for a property I hadn't lived in for 3 months!

An amusing joke from 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet': "You know the difference between a hedgehog and a Range Rover? - The hedgehog's got pricks on the outside."

Looking forward to seeing the man again on Friday (wait, that's tomorrow!), yay! He'll be arriving under his own steam for the first time, so fingers crossed for a stress-free drive and minimal traffic. Will be heading down to see my Grandma on the Saturday to take her out for lunch; she lives in Somerset. Hoping there will be some good birds to see from her garden as it overlooks rolling fields and hills further away - good spot for sparrowhawks.

We're going on 'ho-li-day' soon :-) Off to what will hopefully be a sunny North Coast of Norfolk, with a couple of friends for a long weekend's birdwatching, walking and exploring. It's a part of the country I've never been to, so I'm looking forward to the change of scene. The man and I will be trying out his new 5 man-sized tent, as we'll be going by car, so we'll be enjoying the extra space it affords I'm sure.

Got choir practice tonight, back to the Church choir, as The Waverley Singers (semi-professional choir I've just joined) have got two weeks off over Easter. Just as well really as Sunday's services will be extra important due to it being a) Easter Sunday (one of the biggest events in the Christian calendar) and b) the last service of our Rector before he retires and moves to Cambridge.

Had something exciting through the post this morning - a freebie! :-) How I love freebies. On this occasion the item is a mini cookery book on Bramley apples... Lots of tasty-looking things inside to try I'm sure. I'll bet the man agrees with me too...


1 comment:

  1. The man approves of apple based food, and is impressed that you managed to create your own banner containing both pictures AND text.

    ReplyDelete