Sunday 31 May 2009

Pretty Flowery Things...

A fairly short post this time to inform all you kittens that I now have LOTS of pretty pots of flowery planties outside my front - it makes a world of difference to how everything looks :-) Now you can see past the peeling paintwork and crumbling woodwork and see happy pretty growing planties :-)
- can you tell I like them?!
There are more to follow though, so photos will arrive when they're all in situ :-)
Just to give a taster though, for Spoonbillz' benefit, I've got petunias, geraniums (lots of different colours!), two lavenders, rosemary, dianthus, the three red miniature roses the man gave me for our three year anniversary, begonias and other exciting things... All courtesy of my mother and grandma :-) Yay! I will soon have two hanging baskets too! :-)

Anyway, enough of the planties...

On the job front, I applied for six (yes, re-read that number) jobs this past week, so fingers crossed something will come from one of them... On a better note, I've been doing some babysitting for a friend's family, only a short walk away, and am now slightly better off financially :-) - perhaps this will be the means of saving up for my bicycle!

Liss isn't doing too badly on the bird front at the moment. The Blue Tits which were nesting opposite me fledged whilst I was away last week :-( - Let's hope they survive. The Sparrows are on fine form and are apparently nesting near the Church. Blackbirds are singing constantly, which is always good to hear, as are the Robins. Lots of House Martins around too, and I discovered where one pair are nesting uner the eaves of a house today :-) (also, my Grandma, in Somerset, has House Martins nesting on the side of her bungalow!). Many many Jackdaws and Crows, along with the usual Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves. Saw a Chaffinch today though, which was a nice surprise... Not in Liss, but worth mentioning in the 'bird' paragraph, on the way to and from my Grandma's house on Friday I saw three Buzzards! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog and the great birding comments. FYI have a look at my birding blog at http://tim-dolby.blogspot.com/

    Cheers,

    Tim Dolby

    ReplyDelete