Monday 1 June 2009

Of the exciting things London has to offer...

I don't believe I have yet shared the excitement of mine and the man's recent day out in the capital... On Saturday 23rd, we went up to the bright lights to go to the London Aquarium and London Zoo :-)

We spent the morning at the Aquarium and, other than the screaming kids who didn't seem impressed by anything they saw and refused to listen to the talks, we had a great time. The man took his shiny new camera to try out and got some fantastic results; this is my favourite! - Yellow Tang fish - I want some!



Before doing the Zoo we went for a wander around Regents Park and stopped off at 'The Honest Sausage' for lunch - a small, very reasonably priced cafe, specializing in fairtrade and organic food. I had one of the most delicious bacon rolls ever... :-) We sat outside and had a lovely view across the park towards people playing football and others lying in the sun or the shade enjoying the weather.

The Zoo was amazing. It was the first time I'd ever visited it, and I was not disappointed! My favourites were the otters and the gorillas.







All in all a good day was had by all! (Or both, as there were only two of us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment