Wednesday 6 May 2009

Norfolk Adventures...

Three nice people and I have just returned from the bird infested north coast of Norfolk.

The weather was as good as we could have hoped for, including slight sun burn sustained by all. We even managed to put up and take down the tents in the dry - very important.

On the bird front, this would be a VERY long post if I listed them all, so let me just list my top ten species seen (in no particular order):

1) A very exciting bird which cannot be named;
2) Marsh Harrier;
3) Bittern;
4) Bearded Tit;
5) Sedge Warbler;
6) Reed Warbler;
7) Long-Tailed Duck;
8) Fulmar;
9) Cuckoo;
10) Treecreeper (for the sheer bending over backwardsness that had to be adopted to find/see it)

As you can imagine there were many others that really deserve a mention, but I'll keep for another post :-)

Have a gander at these:








More pikkies will come later (these are stolen from the man) when I've got a little more time.

At the moment I need to go practice an audition piece to sing for the new choir I've recently joined. I'm thinking the 'Pie Jesu' from Faure's 'Requiem', seeing as I performed it not too long ago, and it's still fresh in my memory. After the audition it'll be back to the usual mix of Vaughan Williams, Elgar and Percy Grainger - all for our summer concert in June. They make me sing very high :-)

4 comments:

  1. Good pictures, and had a lovely weekend :)

    I think that song thrush would make it into my top ten, for pure entertainment value...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might be interested by this by the way..

    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/uk-butterflies/gotcha-how-we-found-one-of-britains-smallest---brightest-butterflies-1679001.html

    Look at the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! - I can see Butser Hill from where I live - it's really close, just down the A3 a bit. The man and I are going there next time he's down! :-)
    - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More musings from Hampshire are needed, pronto!

    ReplyDelete