Tuesday 28 July 2009

The end of unemployment and the Job Centre (we hope!)

Yes, that's right folks, I have a job.

*waits whilst the huge gasps of shock and squeals of delight pass*

I'm starting next week as a Sales Assistant at that well known and much loved pharmacy Boots. The branch I'll be working in is one of their tiny village-sized ones, so there won't be too much shelf-stacking or too many customers (!) I will however get to sell drugs over the counter and organise prescriptions, so the added responsibility will be very welcome. I also get the sexy white and navy uniform again... *thumbs up*

I think we'll all agree that at the moment any job is worth having. This will also mean that I can go into the Job Centre tomorrow and do the two fingers dance *grins*. However, I will also need to ring up the council and tell them I'll be eligible to pay council tax again... *groans*

Ah well. At least in future people can ask me "How was work?" again - I've missed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment